Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, November 12, 2004

Gator Swimming

Damn! Gators are pretty fast in the pool! Check out the swimming results from today's meets at gatorzone.com. The women swam first at 10am against South Carolina. After starting off with a Gator 1-2 in the medely relay and a 1-2-3 in the 1000 freestyle, the Lady Gators had the meet in the bag...but they didn't let up and swam great times the whole way through!
The men's meet started at 1pm, it was a tri-meet against Texas and South Carolina. There were two heats of every event (by the end, I was a little tired of being at the pool). Lil'D swam the 200IM and 200 Back with two more best times and a 4th and 5th place...way to go Dustin!
I headed to swim practice this morning at 8am...before the meets...and Coach Troy actually asked me what I needed to do! I was in shock! The shock continued when I told him I needed to do 400 IM pace...and he told me to do 4 x 400IMs broken @ RACE PACE and a toatal of 7000m! I was thinking more along the lines of meet warm up, pace, cool down...I guess he was thinking more like practice from hell!
After the meets, Dustin and I got a little family time. The parents wanted to see my Majik documentary (what I have done so far on the documentary) so we went to the computer lab and played it...they were impressed, but they are family so their opinion doesn't count! It was off to Friday's for some chow time, yummy. Then it was party time in my apartment while Dad and Dustin took apart my huge entertainment center to take home and store until Dustin needs it when he moves off campus into an apartment or house next year...at least he's got one piece of furniture!
Just a note...I sure accumulated a lot of STUFF during 4.5 years in college! I can't believe how much junk I've got and now I am trying to go through it all and decide what is important (reason: I'm graduating soon). If anyone needs something, like a cooking pan, an empty notebook, a Swiffer thingy...let me know, you can have mine:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home