Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Christmas Games

Does anyone remember the Christmas Training at UF where I did games each day and the winner got a prize? I don't know why I didn't do that more than one Christmas (yes I do, because Christmas training at UF is hard enough with out something else to worry about!) Well, the point is, for the first time in 4 years, I am not involved with UF Christmas training so I have the free time to do Christmas games! I've got the prizes...the chocolate content in my apartment is dangerously high...and now I have to come up with games for the swim team.
Day one...the game is to guess how many candies are in the jar...the prize is the jar of candy! (no tricks like making a hollow center of the jar)
Day two...the game is to guess how many oranges it takes to fill a gallon of orange juice...the prize is the gallon of fresh squeezed orange juice from the McLarty's Farm!
Day three...I've got a few trivia questions (brain teasers)...prizes to the 3 people who answer the most correctly. (A future post will include some brain teasers...they are really fun!)
Day four...game is undeterminded...prize is hot cocoa mix and mugs filled with candy.
Day five (if there are five days of x-mas hell)...game is undetermined...prize is a huge tin filled with those good mints that you can only find around the holidays.
I need ideas for games...I remember one from previoius Christmas training was to guess how much Meredith would beat Kris Weibeck in a 1000 free (didn't she almost lap him?:)

I got a call last night from Danny, who is the coach for the Resident Team Triathletes. We chatted a little bit about what training will be like, who I will be training with, where, when, how, etc. He filled me in on what races the U-23 juniors will be attending. It all sounds like fun. We're not going to go to Europe...but Australia instead, sometime in August to get ready for the World Champs in September in Japan. I still have to talk to Libby (she's in charge)...see what she has to say and have her explain everything to me! I've got this list of questions that keeps on growing...can I choose races to do? what gets paid for? can I start in Feburary?
Other news...I started writing this blog after I finished my last assignment for EviroSci Lab. You know what that means?!? I'M DONE WITH COLLEGE! For real this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home