Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Ouch, the fun has started!

Yesterday I finished loading my car up to the roof with stuff...it was sitting a little lower to the ground than normal...I stopped by the pool to say 'adios' to Duster-Buster (and saw the new secret to UF swimming is 15 yard pools...it actually just looks like a new form of torture/cruel & unusual punishment)...and then I drove home in the fading sunlight. After a relaxing 5 minutes at home, Mom, Dad, and I went over to a friend's house for a dinner party...yummy! Then we stopped by another friend's house that was having a cookie baking party...more yummy!
Woke up at the crack of dawn this morning...which actually isn't that bad in the winter becasue the 'crack of dawn' is all of 7am! It's a little different in the summer when the light starts shining around 5 in the freaking morning! Anyways...the point is that I woke up, hopped on my bike (amid a cloud of dust...it has been a month since the last ride!), and went on a great 30 mile ride with 'training partner dad'. According to him, this was the last warm day of the year...winter is suposed to be showing up any day now! (Just to let any out of state readers know...it was 80 degrees today...brutal:).
After a bit of organizing during the mid-day (hey, all that stuff that was in the car needs to find a place to go) it was time for afternoon workout...finally an 'afternoon workout' that does not involve a pool in any way. Today's consisted of a 5 mile jog at the local park (it was supoed to be a 'run' but I'm still at 'jog only' abilities). Surprise, Surprise...I'm feeling really good at the end of my first official Triathlon Training Day...anybody have some Advil???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home