Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Heel Pain

Well, it was inevitable...I have an injury from running! My heels are in a lot of pain with every step that I take...and it is multiplied when I try running! Oh well...I am going to the training room about 4 times a day and I am working with the trainers to get back to 100% ASAP. I just got some arch supports for my shoes to help with the cause of the pain (my high arches). Wish me luck on the road to recovery!
This week has started off OK...other than being in pain...Monday I had a good swim because we were back at the Loma Verde pool and we got to swim long course! I'm soooo glad that I NEVER have to do serious training in short course because I will NEVER race in a short course race again! But I am really loving all the long course swimming we are able to do at the Loma Verde pool! Tuesday, we swim around noon and the pool is SCY...so I just swam easy and slow because I was a bit tired (those are my excuses because Mark pretty much kicked my butt!:) This morning...back swimming LCM...I kicked butt again! I was really happy with my main set and I am looking forward to the open water race on April 2nd in Mexico!
Biking has been fun...on Monday we all went on a smooth, high cadence, 2 hour ride. We got in a few hills but kept the RPE (rate of Perceived Exertion) low while we were climbing. When the group met back up on Otay Lakes Road to ride back to the OTC...we had a great pace line home into the head wind!
Running has obviously been painful...but I'm staying on the grass for a softer impact...my Tuesday track workout wasn't exactly on the track...but off to the side in the grass on the thrower's fields. Its great when you start working really hard you either don't think about the pain anymore...or you actually don't have pain any more...what ever the case may be...my heels were okay during the 'track' workout. Today we kinda have a light day workout wise...after swimming this AM...we did about 30 minutes of abs and med balls and the day is done except for transition practice at 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home