Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Sunshine!

When I woke up this morning...it was sunny and clear outside! This is exciting because it has been raining/drizzling/cloudy every morning for 2 weeks! We have been biking inside, workouts have been cut/shortened, roads are flooded, etc. It has made training no fun!
Maybe this is the start of something new...maybe the weather is going to start being NORMAL for south California in February! Today's schedule consists of a 2.5 hour bike and a 1.2 hour run. We are heading out on the bike in a few minutes...the plan is to climb hills for an hour but the road we have to take to GET to the hills is flooded. From what I've heard...a large dip in the road is now a roaring river complete with uprooted trees flowing past and a car stuck in the middle! (I don't think I'm going to try it on my bike:)
Yesterday was a light workout day...we did a swim in the AM...I had a good main set that I am pretty proud of (5x400m free @ 5:00...best average...I held 4:34s so I think I've still got it!:)
In the afternoon we did an hour of running drills at the track...I ran a little bit before hand because I needed some more workout and the drills are not really 'running'.
Tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY!!! I'm going to be 22 years old...I can't believe it! We are trying to make plans to all go out to dinner at Buca di Beppos...but I'm trying to make reservations for about 30 people and I think I might have waited to long:) I tried to call yesterday but I was informed that I would need to speak to the party planner who would be available today! Cross your fingers that I am able to have a bit of a party:)
Sun-keep on shining!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home