Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

What A Difference:)

I have never realized (or maybe just never put any thought into it) how much a REST day makes a difference on your training! In other words...I was rockin' it today! Hauled @$$ on the 27 mile bike...was moving on the 6 mile run...and tore up the pool for 6,700yards! I guess after 9 days of putting in LOTS of miles...my body really did need a break (I don't like to admit that...I'm the person that would never rest if I didn't have to!) Well...it's a lesson learned for the future! I also came up with the idea of a new training method that might be fun to try: Day1 - hard & long swim practice, hard & long bike, hard & long run; Day2 - do nothing. Repeat! ( I wonder how long that would work??:)
Other than the training side of life...I shipped a 56 pound box to the Chula Vista Training Center today full of clothes and shoes for 3 months of life in California. (Don't even think that is ALL that I am going to live with...on the plane I am taking a full bike box, 2 large suitcases, and a briefcase!:)
I got (the correct statement would be: "Dad got") my OLD laptop computer up and running with wireless internet for use at the OTC's. This thing has seen it's day...but it's easier (a.k.a. cheaper) than buying a new one! It was brand new in the summer of 2000 before I started college at UF. About 3 1/2 years of my wonderful treatment, it decided to have A LOT of problems and I switched to a new desktop...but with a bit of work, I think it can handle running Internet Explorer so I can access e-mails (which is the only thing that is important now because I AM NOT IN SCHOOL ANYMORE!)
On that note...I am going to dinner:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home