Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Last Week in FL

7 more days in DeLand until I fly out to San Diego, CA to train at the Chula Vista Olympic Training Center. Of course I have not even started packing or shipping things out there...but there's nothing like a little procrastination!
This last week has been filled with great training sessions. My weekly total was really impressive...196 miles on the bike and 28+ running miles. (I won't mention the swimming yardage because it's kinda embarassing!) I did some Sugarloaf climbs on Wednesday...still feeling those in my legs today. Saturday I ran a 5K race in Ormond Beach...19:15...impressive, I know:) Coach Mom turned the morning into a great training session by having me run the 5k course once as a warm-up, then again during the race (I was 2nd woman overall), and then I ran the 5k course again as a cool-down.
The Gator swim teams had TWO home dual meets this weekend...one on Friday against the University of Virgina (UF men and women won)...and another dual meet on Saturday against the Univeristy of Tennessee (UF men and women won again!). Although all the Gator athletes swam very impressive races and fast times...the only one that matters to me is DUSTER BUSTER! He swam the 200IM on Friday...1:53 for about the 30th time. On Saturday he swam the 200 IM again...1:53 for the 31st time and he swam the 500 Free in a best time of 4:31!!! (and he got 2nd place!!) Go Gators, Go Dustin!
I'm really proud of my Grandma Jane. I have finally encouraged her to get out and participate in a senior citizen exercise program at the DeLand YMCA. It's called the Silver Sneakers...they do exercises that are perfect for her age and mobility level. Today was her second time going and I hope that she continues to participate after I leave. Maybe I should make a big poster with the time & dates and tape it somewhere in her apartment:)
I was looking at the International Triathlon Union's web page...where they list the triathlons all around the world that you can get points at...I found an AMAZING race...it is on an island off the coast of Honduras on March 12th! I soooo want to participate...the only thing holding me back is the expensive air-fare! Oh well...unless it rains Speedo here any time soon...looks like St. Anthony's will be my season opener. Until then...off to pack for California!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home