Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

2005 is here!

And how did I start the new year? By going to bed early and sleeping in this morning! I am so sore that I can actually feel EVERY muscle in my body throbbing as I sit here and type. I've got swimming muscles that are saying "3 weeks off means pain when you get back in the pool", my biking muscles are saying "how do you expect us to work after 2 years of no use" and my running muscles...well, they have just been screaming since Wednesday's 10k at race pace!
Coach gave me a few extra hours off to recover...so my next adventure is a little ride this afternoon (instead of yesterday afternoon)!
In January I will be meeting the other member of the USA Triathlon U-23 squad at a bike fitting camp in PA. They are flying us all to PA with empty bike boxes so they can fit us to new bikes and then give them to us! Yep, I'm getting a new bike (that explains why we have to go to the state of PA in the middle of the winter). So that is the next out-of-town adventure that I will be embarking on. I just got an e-mail that says we are flying up on the 19th (Wed.) of January...that will really cut into my training schedule (darn)! Actually what might cut more into my training schedule is the fact that I'm sitting here eating Jellybeans! (Stupid Christmas and all the candy, sugar, cookies, & chocolate that comes with it!:)
Dustin was the McLarty who had to rush back to UF after the holidays this year. Not me! He drove back on Wednesday night for morning practice the next day! It was great to spend Christmas with him and I know that it sucks to have to go back to UF...but train hard and have fun!
Sunny day in Florida on this January 1st. Temp is about 75, clear skies, light breeze. Say 'hi' to the snow for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sara, You don't know me but I am a friend of your Grandmother and Uncle. I've known them my entire life:-)I'm very proud of you and have had regular updates on your adventures and continued achievements. Tell your Grandma you heard from Pam in california and I saw your blog. She'll be pleased. I have a blog here also.

5:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home