Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Makin' a list, Checking it twice...

10 more days 'til Christmas!
3 more days 'til Graduation!
1 more day 'til I'm back in G-ville!
8 more hours 'til my day off is over!
I've actually accomplished a lot of things today. I still have a list that is a mile long of 'Things To Do in the Next 5 Days' but I can cross a few items out.
I ordered some x-mas gifts for some family members today...I realized that a really good idea for 'hard-to-shop-for-people' are food baskets and food towers. No matter what the person's favorite food is, you can find a company that ships it in a decorative basket...chocolate, of course...fruit, you bet...nuts, very popular...wine, surprise...filet steaks, I had no idea...deep fried oreos, gross!!
Fed-Ex drove by today and deliverd my winter gear for cycling. I ordered arm warmers...leg warmers...gloves (didn't fit)...and a new patriotic helmet (yeah, that's not winter gear but I got one anyways).
Let me tell you about yesterday, which I will call 'Torture Day'. Coach Mom's workout sheet listed a 25 mile ride and a 6 mile run in the morning and a DBS swim practice in the afternoon. Well, it would have been hard enough to just finish all that...but no...for the Brick workout in the AM, she invites a marathon runner and her bike crazy boyfriend to come and do the 25/6 also.
To make a long story short...one week into my triathlon training I busted out a 27 mile bike ride (yes it was 2 miles longer than needed...it was 40 degrees outside...the winds were a'blowin) with an 18 mph average* followed by a 6 mile run in 43 minutes* (7:10 mile pace if you're wondering).
*(disclaimer: yeah, this might not seem to fast in the relm of real triathletes...but take 2 years off and then see what you can do!!):)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home