Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

ICK!

One word to describe the weather for the past 3 days: ick! I started raining on Friday...and has not decided to quit yet. The lovely rain has brought the chilly weather with it so it is no longer 80 and sunny in Florida. Bummer! But that doesn't mean anything in the realm of training...neither rain nor sleet nor snow shall stop me (okay...snow WILL stop me, but only because it would be a geological phenomenon)!
It has been about a week since I last sat down to write a blog...and what a week that has been! Lots of swimmin', bikin', and runnin' and not much of anything else...except of course for the all important RESTIN'. I put in quite a few miles on the roads...enjoying the last couple of rides on MY bike. I leave Wednesday on a trip up to Pennsylvania for a Junior Triathlon camp. We are picking up 'team' bikes that we will be riding all season. The bonus is that I'm getting a new bike (can't complain about that) the un-bonus is that I like the bike I'm currently riding (especially becasue it is Orange & Blue!).
Earlier in the week I picked up some health insurance...thought it would be a good idea for when I inevitably have a huge crash on my bike (another bonus about getting a 'team' bike...I wont be as sad if I crash it!).
On Wednesday my dad celebrated his birthday...mom and I made a lovely chocolate cake from scratch (nope, we didn't just open a box, add water and then cook it!) and next Wednesday it's mom's turn to celebrate her b-day...too bad I'm flying to PA that day!
Funny stuff: I got a copy of the Gainesville Adventure Magazine in the mail yesterday. The cover photo was of me standing at the UF pool. Nice article inside, especially since I wrote it...the magazine interviewer send me some questions in an e-mail, I answered them in a return e-mail, and he decided to just publish exactly what I wrote...hummm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home