Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Clermont Torture Tomorrow

Sugarloaf, Buck Hills, Hospital Hill, Grassy Lake, Citrus Hill...look out, here I come!!! If you are a bike rider in Florida, you know those names...and they are fearfull names! If you are from out-of-state, this is the place to go for HILL WORK!! So far, 4ish weeks into my triathlon training program, I have managed to remember how to ride my bike on flats and down hills. I have also re-mastered riding in a pack (drafting). So now it is time to take on the dreaded UP hill challenge. My quads are already shaking in fear because I'm up at 6am tomorrow to drive to Clermont and take the hills head-on...well, maybe not head-on!
News for the past couple days has been slow...it's an easy week so I've been taking care of some items on the 'To-Do' list. I'm looking for health insurance (probably should have got some before bike riding tomorrow), thinking about car insurance (or deciding to just not drive:), investing my prize money from South Africa (I know, it has taken a few weeks to get around to that:), squeezing some fresh orange juice from our orange grove (also known as "Heaven in a Glass"), mailing a package to my brother (no, its not actually IN the mail yet...but I'm thinking about getting it there), reading some books that I had lying around (do you have any idea how much reading time you've got when you're not in school anymore?!?!?!), and planning my first year as a professional athlete (which is kinda hard when no one is posting race schedules!!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home