Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Rest Day...Hurrah!

9 training days...one day off...thank goodness today is that one day off! It's a pretty gloomy day outside so I'm spending it inside the house with a cup of hot chocolate and a cat on my lap. (Except for this moment of course, when I'm typing on the computer in the office:)
Yesterday was a tough training day and I'll give a short summary:
11am - started 35 mile bike ride - 10 mile warm up, 10 x 1.5 mile sprints @ 5:15 base, 10 mile cool down ride home
2pm - drive to Port Orange pool - run 5 miles around the City Center @ 7:45 pace
3:30pm - swim 6,700 yards at swim practice
6:30pm - collapse onto my bed until 8am this morning!
I'm having a dilemma on the packing situation for Chula Vista, CA.
First, I'm not really sure what the weather is like...and since I'm going to be there for three months, I'm packed to be prepared for anything!
Second...I'm only there for three months and I've got to make sure that I don't OVERpack...but I seem to be doing that no matter what. Every time I put something into a suitcase, I remember something else I will probably need, and the cycle is never ending...Resulting in the 3 bags and one box that I have filled so far!
Third, I'm obviously NOT packing at the moment...one example of the many distractions that keep me from finishing!
Today the Fed-Ex guy dropped of my new bike-shoe inserts. WOW, are these things comfortable...I had no idea how uncomfortable my feet were on the bike until I put these new inserts in with nice, high arch support! I think my pedal efficiency will improve dramatically just because my feet are not moving around in the shoes as I try to pedal in a circle! (Notice how I know that I have to work on my 'pedaling in a circle' now! One of the things I learned at the bike store in PA!) I liked them so much that I ordered another set for my alternate bike shoes...make sure my feet are in heaven in all shoes.
I think it's time to get some more hot cocoa and chill in front of the TV on this wonderful day off.........NO!!!!...MUST KEEP PACKING, MUST KEEP PACKING FOR CALIFORNIA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home