Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Re-phrase that: REALLY BIG DAY

When I said that we were going on a ride this morning up a 'hill'...I had no idea what I was getting into! That THING was a mountain! I timed how long it took me to get to the top...45 MINUTES! I was going up hill the WHOLE time! It was great...I enjoyed every single painful pedal stroke. Good thing I have a huge 27 gear...I was in it the whole time, either standing or sitting. But at the 'oh so speedy' pace that I was going gave me the opportunity to check out the sights around the area. We went through a couple small and cute towns on the hills. One thing the coaches were telling me as I was struggling was: "when you stand up, shift down 2 gears so that when you sit back down, you have something to work with". It was a good idea, except I needed to be in my lowest gear even when standing (or I would fall over!) I will try it on smaller hills, or when I am having more success on the Honey Springs hill (yep, that was the name today's hill:) But let me tell you about going dOWN the hill: AMAZINIG! It took me about 15 minutes and my speedometer read in the 40s for most of the time. And the benefits of being the slowest up the hill (b/c of a small weight factor)...I sure was the fastest one down it! The other girls couldn't even keep up when they were drafting off me:) Lots of WORK needed here!

Next came swim practice...it was really personalized...I was the only one to go today! I am so glad that I went becasue it was like stretching after the bike ride (with out the stretching). I loosened out my back and legs and got in another workout all at the same time.

After some phone calls home to the family, bro, and g-ma...I went over and picked up my FedEx box which arrived yesterday...good news becasue I needed the rest of my clothes (5 days trying to mix up 3 different outfits...tough and it's time to do some laundry).

The third and final workout of the day was a little jog over to the Mexican border. I had a 50 minute run (some ppl had 1:10 but they didn't swim for an hour so I didn't feel to bad about that) so we ran out to these 'trails' in the undeveloped area near the OTC...which come to find out, the 'trails' are actually the border patrol paths when they are searching for ppl running over the border;) No one was trying to make the run today...but they would have probably needed a little training becasue the area was really hilly (of course, what ISN'T hilly around here??)!

One nice long, warm shower, followed by a nice dinner, followed by half of 'Scarface' the movie and it's time for some sleep:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home