Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Seals Week

This week we have a surprise training day...on Wednesday we are going over to the beach at Coronado to do a day in the life of the Navy Seals! It's going to be about 6-7 hours of team building/hard ass workout! Some people here are looking forward to it as a different way to get a training day completed...other are a little sketch about getting hurt and missing their bike & run workouts. I'm not sure what side of the fence I am on at the moment...I'm a little excited to have fun with my teammates in a new setting...and I'm a little apprehensive about doing too much on my shoulders and having an accident. I have asked our coach, Denny: the ex-army ranger, and made sure that I will be able to say 'no, I don't want to do that' or 'can I sit this one out'.
Other than the excitement on Wednesday, this week is a little more intense than the past 2 weeks have been...we are doing a lot of speed on the running, starting with 4x1 miles @ 10K pace tomorrow, and putting in miles on the bike, we hop on the crit course tomorrow to do intense riding solo and in groups.
Yesterday, my roommate Sarah Haskins: sarahhaskins.com (yes, she has her own website...I'm so jealous:) celebrated her 24th birthday. A bunch of people went to a place called D'lish for dinner and pigged out on wood fired pizzas...I satisfied a long standing craving with my pepperoni pizza! Her day was started out with a 4 hour group ride in the morning. Of course the guys had 4 1/2 hours so they started 30 minutes before us...our group consisted of just the girls room: Sarah, Kelsey, Jasmine, and Me:) We had a great time talking, laughing, singing (except when we were riding up Honey Springs...then I was just concentrating on breathing!:) At the end of the ride, back Otay Lakes road to the OTC, the guys caught us and we all rode in a pace line together...which was a bonus for the girls because we got pulled home by the guys into the headwind!!
We have been watching a lot of movies lately...Saturday was Office Space...Sunday was the Truman Show...and tonight I am getting my first viewing of Napoleon Dynamite (my teammates keep telling me that I'm missing something b/c I have not watch it yet!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home