Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Updating

I totally forget to do this: write in my blog! Like I'm so busy all the time (JK!). Life here is very relaxed...which really isn't a good thing because I should be constantly tired and wore out from training. I've just finished about a week and a half of 'recovery'...sometime soon it is supposed to be getting more intense. Right now we are in a testing phase...tomorrow I am testing on the treadmill to find my lactate threshold in the run and Thursday I will be testing on the bike to find my lactate threshold.
Today's adventure was to the hair salon to get highlights...turned out really good!
I ahd a great weekend full of adventures...Saturday a group of 6 of us rode our bikes to the beach on our 3 hour easy ride. It was great...the smells of the oceans were refreshing! We had to hoist our bikes on our shoulder to carry them over a few streams that were overflowing the bike path...I took photos on my phone so I'm not sure I can get them on to my blog!
Sunday, Joe (a guy on the resident team here) and I went on a 2 hour adventure behind the dam that is overflowing. We got to hike through a river (of course we picked the rapid to cross at:) and run through a beautiful valley that is green with plants and colorful with a ton of flowers! The plants in this area are having a field day because of all the rain they got in Jan. and Feb. Instead of being brown and dusty like every other year...the area around the training center in lush with plants and animals!
I'm off to dinner but I will keep posting my adventures in South Cali!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home