Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

I've been living in California for a little over 2 months. I leave tomorrow and fly home to Florida. How perfect for me...there was a 4.0 earthquake in the cith of Jamul last night!!! Jamul is a little town that borders Chula Vista and we ride our bikes through it every day. It hit at 4:10 in the morning...I know that because I was awake and I looked at my watch after the loud rumble and the shaking passed through our dorm. I was so excited that I called home to tell mom and dad (it was 7:10am for them and they were wide awake!). I turned on the news this morning to get the details...size and location of the center...and was glad to hear the earthquake professional say "This was the kind of earthquake we can enjoy because it did no damage, just a little shaking." Now I can check off 'Earthquake' on my list of natural disasters to experience...I know it was just a little baby 'quake but it was still fun:)! This morning at breakfast everyone was chatting about how they woke up and were wondering what was going on. It was a conversation starter...that's for sure! Check out the news report here: http://www.10news.com/news/4370206/detail.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home