Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

See Where I Trained Yesterday

http://www.triathlon.org/?call=TVRZeQ==&keep=sh
Click on the link above…then click on “Launch Tricast” next to “Ishigaki World Cup”. This is a little pre-race footage from the pool that I was training at yesterday. I’m not in the little video…but you can see some of the other athletes that are here on the island to race tomorrow!
Can you believe that the race is TOMORROW?!?! The countdown on ITU says its 19 hours, 31 minutes and 51 seconds until my race starts…yikes!
From 3-3:45pm today we had a chance to swim on the race course…it is very beautiful. The water is clean and clear blue, the course has lane ropes the whole way (just in case someone might get lost?) and the water is a great temperature: cool but nowhere near wetsuit temperature. It actually started raining (well, sprinkling) when we were at the water…that’s what the weather has been like the whole time…either sprinkling or threatening to sprinkle. If it is exactly the same tomorrow, the men’s race will be very scary because the roads will be wet and VERY slick on the paint and I would predict more than one crash…so if that is the case, please don’t start sprinkling until 2:30pm when I am on the run!!
Current time here is 5:30pm…Jenna and I are thinking about where to go for some dinner. After we get back to the hotel I’ll start all my pre-race preparation and packing. I have to go through the whole race in my mind and make sure that I have everything I need (and things I might need) packed into my race bag. Any last minute suggestions are welcome…I love hearing from everyone…e-mail me: sara7411@hotmail.com !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home