Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

SnowShoe Adventure

Today was my introduction to the activity of 'snowshoeing'! I actually woke up before the sun rose (not something I like to do more than once a month). I groggly got dressed, grabbed some breakfast, packed snacks, and then John, JD and I piled into Salerno's car for a morning drive up to Denver. We exited at Dry Creek Road to pick up Jasmine and 4 pairs of snowshoes at her house (big thanks to the Oeinck Family for letting us borrow their gear)! On Monday, when we were making plans, we thought we would drive to Breckenridge, rent snowshoes, and hike on their trails...but Jasmine had a better idea...borrow her family's snowshoes (cheaper) and hike in the National Forest outside of Bailey, CO (closer).
So, that's what we did today...4 HOURS OF HIKING in white snow, under blue skies, between white aspens and green firs, and uphill to a frozen lake! It was an epic trip...I was EXHAUSTED and very thirsty at the end of hiking (mainly because I packed snacks and water for a 2 HOUR hike:). Of course I packed my NEW CAMERA and took photos along the way:

Big Horn Sheep we saw during our drive to Bailey.
Jasmine, John & JD preparing to start our showshoe adventure.
Snack stop at the turn-around-point (also a very beautiful view point)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home