Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, January 22, 2007

'Round The World Update

I just got off the phone with my parents who are having a great time in Egypt...here is my mom's latest e-mail update:

"Hello again friends,
Thanks so much for the good wishes.
Thailand was interesting....a fun bike ride through the banana and coconut plantations, a long-tail boat ride down the river, a look at the floating market (crazy) and a great cultural show called 'siam nirmat' was the first day and the second day was a massage (I will take one of those any day),an afternoon full of temples and palaces and finally a diner cruise on an old rice barge...the food was, to say the least, interesting !! Especially for me being a hamburger and french fry kind of gal.
Kenya.....how awesome the last 5 days have been, I think everyone should take a safari at least once in their life....our super guide, Joseph picked us up from the airport and drove straight to the 'masai mara', a very big park with every animal you could imagine...the weather has been awesome, quite cool every day and we did many game drives and the resort was 1st class. We spent 3 nights there and then moved on to another resort by a lake...it was awesome too.
Just now, we have been dropped off at the airport and we are waiting for our flight to Cairo...I will be sure to tell you all more about the adventure when we get home, but my heart is quite full and I am feeling wonderful after our visit to Africa.
I love you all and miss you a lot.
Thanks for your awesome friendship,
Karen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home