Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

GATOR DOMINATION!!

Heisman Trophy Winner? Undefeated Team? Number 1 Ranking? Unstoppable Offense?

UMMMMMMM, all those names and descriptions were completely DESTROYED as the Gators STOMPED Ohio State on Monday night in a beautiful 2007 National Championship Football Game!!

This is the first time in history that one school (THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA) holds the Basketball AND Football National Championships at the same time! Congratulations to all the talented athletes up in Gainesville!

I was lucky enough to be IN Gator Country to watch the game on Monday night. I hung out with a big group of former and current Gator Swimmers at a house-party until it was apparent that we had won the game (when the Gatorade was poured on Urban Meyer). As the clock ticked down the final seconds of game time, Dustin and I scooted towards Downtown G-ville to stand with the thousands of other Gators on University Avenue to scream, cheer, and just enjoy the moment! It was wild...at 1am in the morning, people were throwing toilet paper, tearing down trees, climbing the light poles, burning random things...basically being WILD!
I got some good photos when I was Downtown (to be posted shortly) and then we headed home for sleep because (surprise) the swim team doesn't get a break from the next morning's practice:).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home