Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Tradition Continues: The L-Bowl



















Where will you find a bunch of out-of-shape former High School Cross County stars on the day before Christmas in DeLand, Florida?? On the High School track playing a game of tag-football...teams divided into 'old-guys' and 'young-ins' based on a graduation year. This was officially the year that I moved into the 'old-guys' team...2000 graduation was the cut off year!!
It's OFFICIAL...I'M OLD!!! That's okay, I can handle it:)
I don't usually attend this annual reunion for the football...but for the socializing with my former teammates and life-long friends. It gives us about 2 hours to catch up on a year of life and remind each other what we all look like. I got to chat with Carrie about her up coming wedding, Rachel about her Masters studies and bike training, Marie about her travels and running life, Tony about his recent engagement, Amanda about her daughter, Jimmy about replacing one of our High School government teachers, and Coach Loienstein about life at DeLand High and the potential of the track team starting in January.
Dustin and I aren't the only 'family members' who attend...the Johnson family beats us with 3 siblings that were former runners...and Coach Lo and his daughter Lindsey span a generation gap. (But Dustin is the only McLarty that goes to actually PLAY football:)
























SMILE CLUB............7 + 4 = :):):)




















John (my class's Valedictorian), Me, Rachel (she can kick my butt on the bike), Tony (my class's president)




















Proof that there was actually a FOOTBALL game being played:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home