Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, January 19, 2007

My Big Weekend Plans

As the mid-west gets prepared for another snow storm (so sad that I'm not out in Colorado for this whole month of INdoor training:(...I've been spending my time training in the sunshine, getting tan, going to running races, horseback riding, etc!
Today I started off with a nice quick swim practice over in Port Orange...got to watch a nice sunrise as I made my way through the main set.
Back at home, I'm making sure all the animals are fed before heading out for a quick run workout. The run is supposed to be on a track but I measured out 1/4 mile marks on Carter road so I can just run from the house.
My Grandmother and I have planned to go out for an early dinner tonight in Downtown DeLand...lots of cute restaurants that I can't wait to try out. Having an early dinner will fit perfect in my schedule because I have to wake up early tomorrow to drive to Christmas, FL for a 10K run race. I think the start time is 7am (you do the subtraction) so I will be driving VERY early! Since Christmas is almost to Rockledge, FL...I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend with my Aunt Jan.
Sunday is Aunt Jan's Birthday and it will be fun to celebrate with a yummy home-cooked breakfast. Speaking of Birthday's...Today is my MOM's 50th!! I just talked to my parents in Nairobi, Kenya after they spent 4 days in the wilderness on a safari...apparently, they saw every animal that exists in Africa!
My brother and the rest of the Gator Swim team are in Auburn, Alabama today for a dual meet...GO GATORS!!...and then over to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for another swim meet tomorrow (tri-meet against Alabama and South Carolina).
As for myself...I've been doing a lot of training (swim/bike/run/yoga/nap)...I've watched a few Blockbuster rentals (not too many movies that I crazy about)...working on a memory-scrapbook of my Granny (lots and lots of photos to pick from)...reading some good books (put my Volusia Library card to good use)...feeding the animals (nothing has died yet, fingers crossed:)...cooking meals for myself (it's fun to make it taste EXACTLY how I want)...visiting friends and family around the state (good thing Mom left me her car to use!)...and entering some local running races (wish me luck for tomorrow morning).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home