Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'm in Print!

Finally! I've just heard that my first column in the USA Triathlon Life magazine has been published and mailed to all the USAT members! I'm so excited...and the best part is...I won't see it for another month:)! Oh well, I know what I wrote so that's not the surprise. My column is in the Youth section of the magazine (so your kids/nieces/nephews/etc will probably be the ones reading it) and it's interactive where the kids can send in questions to me for future publications! My Florida friend, Carly, is officially the first 'question asker'...I got it in an email today...thanks Carly:)
Today was a tough day of training...just like most every day since I've arrived in Noosa! I was up at 5 am for some breakfast, dressed in cycling gear and set out running gear, joined the Tuesday morning group ride (very hilly), hammered it up and down the roads in Noosa Shire (a Shire is equivalent to a county in the USA), rode back to my apartment, quick change into run gear and then back out on the road for a few 1K efforts at race pace (thankfully they were on a slight down-hill course so all you've got to do is let your legs go and try to keep up!).
My 45 minute run finished with a big SPLASH...literally, into the Sunseeker pool to cool off! It's the perfect temperature to just feel good without cramping up your hot muscles at the end of a workout. I did some abs and stretching on the pool deck, facing the ocean, watching the waves crash on Sunshine Beach (yes, it's beautiful).
The middle of the day was just like most others...everyone has one main goal: try to stay as cool as possible! I hung out in my room with the TV, crossword puzzles, friends, lunch, etc. At 2:10 we were all on the pool deck for a few minutes of stretch cords followed by another big splash...this time into the workout pool for a 4500m practice. The main set was 10x150m...I lowered the interval for myself to 1:50 (no one else wanted to join me:(.
Since leaving the pool around 4pm, I have partaken in the B-Day celebration for Sarah Korteumn, played Scrabble with Jasmine, cooked breakfast for dinner (fruit pancakes and veggie omelet), cleaned dishes, watched another episode of "Hero's" (my friend Leanda gave me the DVD of the first season of the TV show and I'm hooked!), hung out and chatted with friends, typed this blog and now I'm off to brush my teeth and climb into bed.
Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week here in Noosa...Open Water swim session in the morning on Noosa Beach! What is better than getting a swim workout withOUT seeing a BIG BLACK LINE on the bottom of the pool?!?!? The wind is really blowing strong right now...if it keeps up into the morning the waves are going to be BIG or CHOPPY! I don't care which one, as long as they are not 'shark infested'!!
Speaking of wildlife...I sure haven't seen very much Australian wildlife! No kangaroos, koalas, lizards, sharks...just a lot of parrots that like making a lot of noise outside my window at 5am (good thing I'm already awake by that time!). Most of my teammates have seen something cool...Nate saw a kangaroo, Haven saw a koala, Manny saw dolphins today...I'm getting jealous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home