Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

End of Week 1

I've been in Noosa, Queensland, Australia for 1 whole week! Today, when I was walking out of the pool to the van...I noticed a funny thing. The license plates on the local vehicles, registered in the Aussie State of Queensland...say "Sunshine State" on the bottom!! How funny is that! I'm from the Sunshine State in the USA (Florida, duh) and I'm living in the Sunshine State in Australia...small world, maybe I should just stay here, it's karma!
Today's swim practice was a brutal one...at least that's what it looked like as I was running up and down the pool cheering for my teammates as they pounded out the yardage...I was done and out of the water after about 4000 meters because I'm racing this weekend! Everyone else was really enjoying the 5500 meter slug-fest...way to go Team USAT!
The rest of today I need to pack, go for an easy spin, check over my bike, pack my bike, go for an easy jog, pack my shoes, and basically relax and make sure I can remember everything I need for a race. It was suggested to me that I check the weather in Geelong before packing...awesome idea (thanks Greg)...and from what I remember, the weather can change from 'fall-ish' to 'summer-ish' in about 5 minutes. Maybe I'll just be prepared for anything...probably the safest bet!
Here are some sites about Geelong, the Race Site, the hotel I'm staying at, the shuttle service I'm taking from the airport, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home