Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Actually, It's NOT That Cold

Today the temperature went all the way up to 69 degrees during our OUT-of-doors running workout; yesterday it was so sunny and warm that lots of the snow on the ground and roads melted!
So...I took advantage of the beautiful weather that Colorado was offering...and spent all day Monday on the slopes at Breckenridge! Thanks to my ski buddy Haven for suggesting the 'last second trip'. We talked about it at the Super Bowl Party on Sunday night...and we were skiing the next morning!















Check out my Christmas present ski-helmet...I'm so glad that I got one opportunity to wear it on the slopes before I pack it away at the back of my closet for a few months (like 10 months until the next winter:(!
I'm enjoying being back at the OTC with teammates and training partners all around. As I mentioned earlier, we had a group running workout on the trails (which were VERY muddy from the melting snow...my shoes are currently in the tub drying out:). Tomorrow we will be cycling outside as a group and I'm very much looking forward to that!
In other news, I'm finally heading to the orthodontist tomorrow to repair a broken retainer...it broke 2 days before I left DeLand and of course my orthodontist was on vacation! So I found a place down the road here in COS and I'm headed there in the morning after swim practice. Hopefully I wont swallow the loose metal strip in my mouth before 10am tomorrow!
Speaking of the Super Bowl...I was cheering for the Bears, and they lost. Oh well. It was actually predictable after they ran the kick off for a touch-down...kinda reminded me of a BIG (Gator) game on January 8th where the same thing happened and that team (Ohio State) LOST! What I DID win was 2 out of 4 of our party's betting board. The team scores ended in 4 & 6 fo the first quarter (I had that box) and for half-time (same box)...so I walked away with an extra $20!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home