Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Freaking Freezing!

Day 3 back in Colorado Springs...I flew back here from Florida on Wednesday...and I haven't been WARM since I got on the plane in Daytona Beach!
Well, actually, it was kinda warm today. A lot of the snow was able to melt and I can see the ground in some places:)
It was a nice sunny day for Jessica Jones/Meyer's baby shower at the Raven's Nest coffee shop. She looks beautiful and very healthy...with a BIG belly! We had lots of good eats, especially the blue and pink cupcakes in honor of the boy and girl twins that Jessica is incubating. She opened a ton of baby clothes, shoes, toys, and blankets...which will be about 1/100th of what she actually needs to raise twins.
I'm getting back into the mental state that is required to do all my training INside. The pool is indoors (of course), all my runs have been on the treadmills (which can require patience while waiting for one to be available), and my bike is sitting in the basement compu-trainer room in front of the TVs.
But I've also got my ticket to AUSTRALIA! I leave COS on February 21st and arrive in Brisbane on the 23rd (via Tokyo, Japan...long story but it has to do with going to a race in Japan during my travel home from Australia). Right now, it looks like my first triathlon of 2007 will be in Geelong on March 4th: the Oceanic Championships and Australian National Champs. Does Geelong sound familiar to anyone? Last year I competed in the Lifesaving World Champs in Geelong (that's where I set my World Record in the 200meter obstacle swim:) Closer to the race date, I'll send out my first Pre-Race Report to my mass e-mail list with some fun stories about how training and life has been in Oz.
Tomorrow is the Super Bowl...yeah-ha. The only football game that I care about this winter is already over...and if you've been living in a cave for the past month...the GATORS WON! But I have to pick a team to root for so I chose the Chicago Bears. And since I'm a girl and I don't follow NFL, let me explain to you how I came to this decision. Rex Grossman is the Bear's quarterback and he used to be our Gator quarterback when I was in school (before he left and went to play for silly Miami). Oh yeah, most importantly, the Bears colors are sort of "orange and blue" so I can sport my Gator gear and kinda look like an actual fan! Very scientific conclusion, I know...people in Vegas are changing their betting strategy because of my decision here!!
By the way...in my haste to escape Florida for this lovely Colorado weather, I forgot to mention that my parents successfully completed their entire 'Round the World Vacation' and returned to the US of A on Monday night. My brother drove down from G-ville to surprise them and we got to see photos, video clips, and souvenirs from each of the 8 countries they visited: USA, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Kenya, Egypt, Italy, Greece.
The unanimous favorite stop on the trip was the 4 day safari they took in Kenya...they saw (and my mom took video of) every-single-imaginable-African-animal: elephants, cheetahs, lions**, etc.
**Coolest video of ALL time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home