Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back On Track

For a few moments on Thursday and Friday nights, it was touch and go. If I wasn't going to die...I was going to fry an egg on my head just to prove that it was possible with my fever! But, I couldn't make it out of bed, let alone down to the cafeteria to actually GET an egg to prove my point:).
But eventually, on Saturday, I started feeling human again and I managed to get outside a few times for some fresh air. I was most happy to feel healthy enough to walk down the road and visit my friend Jessica Meyers (if I felt sorry for myself feeling bad, seeing her flat on her back in a hospital bed for the safety of her twin-unborn-babies puts a lot of things into perspective)! Sam and Cliff had a new-house-party for dinner and it was fun to hang out with people in a different setting than the OTC. They have a beautiful new home that fits them very well.
By Sunday, I was attempting to do some light training, hampered only by my lungs and horrible coughing fits. I tried to get the whole "sick" feeling out of my room with some spring cleaning and about 6 loads of laundry.
Now the new training week has started and I'm back on the training plan. Between workouts today I started getting ready to travel to Australia. I ventured outside in the snow storm to get some shopping finished. I'm not making the same mistakes I did last year during the training camp in Germany...this time I've got extra running shoes, bike parts, vitamins, water bottles, etc.
This morning I had a blood draw at 7am (after fasting from 7pm). Tomorrow I find out what my iron and cholesterol numbers are. Those are the ones I watch closest...we want my iron HIGH and my cholesterol LOW. Unfortunately, with the 7 or 9 diseases that I'm recovering from, some numbers will be a bit out-of-whack...like my white blood cell count will probably be through the ROOF!
I'm officially entered in the Geelong triathlon on March 4th (my first race of '07). I've got my plane ticket, hotel room, roommate (Jasmine, of course:) and my race suit is at the screeners getting some last minute logos. I don't think this race will have any live coverage like the World Cups, but my hotel has Internet access so I will report ASAP!
Speaking of REPORTS...it's about that time again...I'm looking forward to writing my first Pre-Race-Report for my email list of friends, family, and supporters! Expect a little treat in your inbox in early March!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home