Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back on Schedule

I'm slowly recovering from my race last weekend. I had some VERY sore legs from all the down-hill running...thankfully Monday was a day off and I got a clean-out massage when I got back to the Sunseeker.
Since then, I've just been getting back on track with the team. Tuesday morning we hit the group ride pretty hard...on Tuesday it's a pretty hilly route so I was really hurting right from the start. When I realized that hammering just to hang on the back was probably not the best thing for my recovery...I just let up and enjoyed the second half of the ride with a smaller group off the back. I think my legs will thank me for that in a few days when I'm still able to move:).
Later in the day we had swim practice at the pool. Since Cliff also had a 45 min recovery jog on my schedule, I ran down to the pool (it only takes 7 minutes) and after practice I finished with a 40 minute jog around Noosa. The bike hurt, my legs were hating me on the jog...but I sure had NO problems in the pool. I wasn't even breathing hard on our main set.
At the end of practice, Cliff mentioned that Wednesday morning was the open water session at Noosa Beach again. He gave everyone the option of pool swimming at 6am or open water at 5:30am...that wasn't a hard decision for me:). So, at 5:15 this morning, Jasmine and I rolled out on our bikes for the beach and joined all the locals for another killer session! There's a cyclone off the coast of Queensland right now with the wind blowing perfectly, the waves were HUGE and they were turning into beautiful barrels...of course I was just ducking right under everything...but it was still fun to watch (especially when you are under water and you look up and watch the wave curl overhead)! I always forget that Dustin gave me a water-proof camera and I should eventually take it in the water for some sweet shots in the clear-blue water here.
All my teammates are at the gym right now doing a killer treadmill workout. Thankfully, the three of us that raced on Sunday have our treadmill session on Friday. Instead, I'm waiting for the insane heat to let up so that I can get my run and ride finished. I would brave the midday sun, just have to put on some sunscreen, but the heat is sooo strong that I'm actually sweating just sitting here on the computer...same thing earlier when I was taking a nap!
My coach and I just had a short, post-race chat and we also discussed future races. It looks like I'm going to be flying over to New Zealand at the end of the month for their National Champs! I've got to get going and do some flight searching and hotel booking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home