Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Weekend of Racing

Tomorrow night I am running in the Asics Twilight 5km Run in Mooloolaba. Check out the race map...it's 3 laps, about 1 mile per lap. I'm not sure what the course is like regarding hills, I haven't actually been to Mooloolaba yet. The team did a training ride to the town during the weekend I was in Geelong to race...last week the boy's bike group ended up riding all the way to Mooloolaba and back...earlier this week the Mooloolaba racers went and trained on the bike and run course...but it's just me that hasn't seen it yet! It should be fun to actually get down there tomorrow for the race. We'll be arriving a bit early (the 5km race starts at 6pm) because the World Cup athletes have their pre-race meeting at 4pm. I guess that means we will have some spectators/friends to cheer for the USA contingent in the race...me, Haven, Cliff, and John!! After the race I imagine we will grab some dinner in town before driving back to Noosa for a good night's sleep.
Saturday morning I will be up early (like normal) for the usual group ride that hauls butt down the coastal road and back at break-neck speed. After completely destroying my legs for the 5th week in a row...I'll do a quick change at the Sunseeker and then jump into a van heading back to Mooloolaba. At 10:30am I'll be running into the ocean for the start of the Peregian Springs 1km Open Water Swim...check out the race map! The course is shaped like and "M" and it looks like we actually have to run out of the water onto the beach in the middle of the race! Thankfully I've been rocking the body-surfing practice so I should be 'okay'! We might have some USA team spectators at this race...the guys racing the Mooloolaba age-group race on Sunday morning have to rack their bikes on Saturday: Dave, Nate, and Mike.
Unfortunately, my relay team didn't come together in time (the race filled up before we entered:( so I wont be doing another open water swim on Sunday morning...I'll just be training and then cheering for the World Cup athletes. Don't forget that you can watch/listen to the Mooloolaba WC race live online. I'm not sure what time it will be in the USA when they are racing (probably between 9pm and 1am on the East Coast) but if you're really dedicated you will postpone sleep to watch Team USA kick butt!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home