Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, April 06, 2007

5:30am

Yep, its pretty early in the morning to be blogging...but I've been awake for almost an hour. My alarm went off a bit before 5am so that I could eat breakfast and stretch before getting into my cycling gear. Today is Saturday...and my typical workout was to join the 6am group ride that leaves from the firehouse and rides 2 hours hard along the coast.
Well...it's raining again and I've done enough rides in the Australian rain to satisfy my desire and this time I'm just going to curl up and go back to sleep until it clears up! I don't want to push my luck on any more wet roads...a crash this weekend would not be timed very well for my big World Cup race in Japan next weekend.
Can you believe that I've only got a few more days of this wonderful Australian training camp!? On Wednesday morning, I start traveling to Tokyo at 3:45am when the airport shuttle stops by the Sunseeker apartment to pick up 7 triathletes: Me, Jasmine, Becca, Joe, Jarrod, Brian and Joe. We are all on the same or similar flights to Tokyo...and just like last year, we land in one airport: Tokyo, Nariata...and have to take a 2 hour bus to the other one: Tokyo Haneda...for departure the next morning.
I'm excited to get to Haneda because once I've checked in and freshened up, I'm going to hop in a taxi and meet friends for dinner! Last year I met Andy and Patricia at the Ishigaki race...Andy was participating in the age-group race and Patricia was cheering. I've stayed in contact and because they are not heading to Ishigaki again (bummer) we are going to catch up over dinner!
On a completely separate side note...I was randomly web surfing the USAT site and found out that I was chosen as the 2006 U23 Female of the Year! The announcement was hidden at the bottom of the "USAT Age Group" awards (I was reading them to see if I knew anyone so I could send a congratulations).
Also, the Wellington race site finally put up the results and splits. Apparently, I ran a 36:12 for my 10K in the insane winds...haha. I will accept that I had a fast run, but I will also be realistic that the course must have been a bit short:) That time is kinda like my 16:20 1500 meter swim at Ishigaki last year...really accurate measuring! I do hope that they can lengthen the course this year because I estimated that to be at least 250 meters short! It might have been a calm harbor but the side currents that are flowing in and out of the ocean should NOT make it a very fast swim.
My eyelids are getting heavy, so my goal for this blog is accomplished...I'm going back to sleep until the rain stops!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home