Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Newest GREEN Stuff

I've been surfing the Internet for more and more sites about the environment and ways to reduce our impact on it. Since I'm into the 'Green' thing now, I would rather be half-way educated on it rather than just jump on the bandwagon.
So, here is a photo of some insane guy that just swam 1 kilometer at the North Pole to bring awareness to global warming...the water temp. was -1.8 degrees Celsius...he spent just over 18 minutes in the water!

Back to my own world...I broke my hot-drink mug today! I was hanging it on the hook by my door (apparently didn't hook it good enough) and when I let go, it crashed to the ground and now it's in my garbage can in about 20 pieces! Can you 'recycle' ceramic stuff? I'll have to look that up on line before my garbage gets taken away!
Thanks to our sponsorship from Hammer Nutrition...I was able to order my first Patagonia clothing. I chose some running tops that were screened with the Hammer logo. The Patagonia tags attached to the items encouraged me to visit their website. They aren't just about outdoor clothing, they are all into the environment...and some of their clothing can be sent back when you wear it out and it'll be recycled into new clothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home