Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Departing Brazil

I'm in the Rio airport...getting ready to fly back to the good'ol US-of-A. The Pan American race was yesterday on Copacabana beach...my two USA teammates (Sarah and Julie) and I were successful in our break-away-plan. We got out of the water with a nice 25 second lead and then we worked really hard for the whole 7 lap bike to stretch our lead to 2 min 40 seconds. It came down to the run and Julie and Sarah pushed each other to the finish line (Julie - gold, Sarah - silver).
I managed to hang on during the run until the half way point when the chase pack caught me. I finished in 10th place...not a bad showing for my first Pan American race...and not bad for being sick all week leading up to the race. I did my job here...helped my teammates get the gold medal (and that means our country is guaranteed at least one slot in the next Olympics). Now I'm looking forward to getting home to take a REAL break for a couple of days.
I am officially finished with my 2007(a) season. My 2007(b) season starts in September at the World Championships in Germany. I've got about 6 weeks from now til then for some great training and some fun breaks!
The flight to WashingtonDC is boarding...I'm off to DC and then Denver and then good 'ol COS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice showing in the race!

human touch

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home