Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ready To Race

This is my last few minutes in the Athlete Village. We just brought all our bikes and bags down to the ground floor. The coaches and staff are packing them up in a truck and at 2pm we are loading into a bus headed for the beach. Tonight, we will stay in the nice hotel on the beach (get some good food and sleep in a comfy bed) and wake up in the morning within rolling distance of the start.
This will be the first time in a long while that I will be able to watch the men's race before competing myself...they start at 8am and we start at 10:30. Hopefully any and all the kinks in the race course will work themselves out and our race will be perfect!
Its sad that I don't get to watch any other sports...the volleyball and gymnastics are on local TV...but I won't get to watch anything in person other than Triathlon! Such is life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home