Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fun Things Not Mentioned

Last week I did quite a few fun things that I have yet to mention.
On Friday afternoon, Jasmine and I were both finished with our workouts early in the day so we decided to drive north to the Chapel Hills Mall for some relaxing shopping therapy. We managed to spend about 45 minutes in the mall and go into a total of two stores. I barely spent any money because my main purchase was in Old Navy with a gift card I still had from last Christmas! The few $$ that actually came out of my pocket were to add to my ever-enlarging nail polish collection:). Now I've got dark green, purple, silver, and pearly-white! It is anyone's guess what I choose for the Pan American Games...I think I should actually go patriotic and do something with red, white, and blue!?!
The mall trip was cut short because neither of us were really excited about anything we saw in the stores. Instead, our interest was piqued by an item we noticed earlier in the day during swim practice in the out-door pool...the large gas grill that any resident athlete at the OTC can use!! So Jasmine and I left the mall and headed down the street to the Whole Foods grocery store...we loaded up with the ingredients for a fresh dinner for two (we phoned all the other guys at the OTC but none of them were interested...losers:). I picked a pre-seasoned spicy hamburger patty while Jaz chose a fresh salmon-burger...and a yummy sea-salted loaf of bread for our bun. We also loaded up on a bunch of fresh cut vegetables to cook in aluminum foil on the grill.
All we had to do when we got back to the OTC was ask the chefs in the cafeteria if we could have some olive oil, foil, and cooking spray...then we lugged all our stuff to the pool deck and had a fantastic time grilling a delicious meal! The weather was perfect, the sun was just setting, and the lifeguard had some good tunes playing...I LOVE Colorado Springs...I just can't wait until I'm doing that exact same thing in MY OWN backyard soon!!
It might not by my OWN backyard...but the Reed family is having all the triathletes over to dinner tomorrow for a 4th of July party. I ran a bunch of errands this afternoon and one stop was the grocery store again to pick up a bunch of fresh fruit to make a fruit-salad to take to the party (I never want to walk in empty-handed!). The rain was pouring as I made four different stops...the grocery store...a local bike store for some new pedals (not a cheap 5 minutes)...the Salvation Army Thrift store to drop off some old clothes that I pulled out of my over-crowded closet...and Walgreen's to drop of a used printer-ink-cartridge for recycling.
Speaking of RECYCLING...today was a very GREEN day for me. I made a point to ride my bike down to the shipping building to mail my Aunt Jan some books. I guess mailing her some books also prevented her from purchasing the same books herself. I continued to use my ceramic coffee mug at all meals (it's become an easy habit, I just pick it up when I leave my room:). For the first time, I took a cloth bag into the grocery store to carry my items out (instead of the paper or plastic option:). I recycled an ink cartridge and a HUGE stack of old papers that I found in my school binders hidden behind a shelf.
I just looked at how distracted I got from my original post idea (fun things I've done) so I'll just summarize the rest...Saturday night I went out for dinner and drinks at a Mexican restaurant with a bunch of friends and Monday afternoon I rode over to the Velodrome to watch the little Junior National Track Cycling competition (those little kids are strong and fast)!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home