Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Made It To Edmonton

What a day of travel. It was supposed to be short and sweet. I've been traveling for the past three weekends and I was looking forward to this short trip up to Canada...well, we can always dream!
I woke up this morning, jogged for 20 minutes on the treadmill and then swam for 30 min in the pool. I grabbed some quick breakfast before loading my gear into Kelly Reed's hulking SUV. She was so awesome to drive me to the airport (instead of the early OTC shuttle) and I checked in smoothly at the airport.
The COS to DEN flight was uneventful. We arrived on time and I had one hour until my connection to Edmonton...or so I thought. As I waited at the gate, watching the mechanics literally replace an entire ENGINE of my plane for FOUR hours...I finally gave up on being frustrated, resigned myself to the fate of missing the pre-race meeting and just hoped to get to the hotel tonight in one piece.
So here I am...chilling in my hotel room with Timmy O (my roommate for the short weekend)...relaxing after a yummy dinner because I did make it to the pre-race pasta party on time:)
Tomorrow it's back to seriousness as I swim and ride on the course before more relaxing for Sunday's mid-day race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home