Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Really Bad Timing

10 days later is all I needed...but getting sick yesterday was NOT the best timing!! The day I got back from Rio would have been perfect...or even during the travel home, I could have handled that if I knew it was instead of RIGHT NOW!
I woke up on Saturday morning and knew I was sick with a head/throat cold. I was also really tired so I spent most of the day catching up on sleep (after I woke up to my alarm at 6:30am for swim practice...I went back to sleep from 7:30 until 2pm!). I managed to get on my bike for an very easy and incredibly slow 1 hour bike ride and then I spent most of the remaining day watching the Live Earth concert on TV.
After I had eaten some dinner at 7pm, I tried to stay awake as long as I could...and I made it to 8:30pm because my eyes were burning up. Well, surprise of surprises, I spent 6 hours last night with a fever...alternating between hot sweats and cold sweats. I managed to stay pretty hydrated and I took some Tylenol in the middle of the night. I think both of those things helped the fever finally break around 1 or 2am this morning. So I had a couple more hours of strange sleep before I finally rolled out of bed at 8:30am...my first 12 hour night in a LONG time!
So, instead of doing the 300 repeats on the track right now with the rest of the team...I'm slowly moving around, doing some laundry, and packing for Pan Am's. I think I will be able to find some energy later today to maybe go for a jog or a swim...can't forget how to do those things one week out from the Pan Am race!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home