Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

News From Home

On Friday night at 10:50pm, my time here in Colorado (I had been asleep for an hour), I got a phone call from my brother bragging that he had already purchased his copy of the 7th Harry Potter! Fortunately, I had already pre-ordered a copy from B&N and it arrived in my mail box the next day.
I sat down yesterday at 3:30pm and read the entire book (stopping only for a quick 30 minute dinner in the cafeteria) and finishing it at 1:10am this morning!! Great story but sad that the Potter saga is officially over. Maybe people will pick up on it like the Oz series and just continue to write their own versions in the future...Okay, enough about Potter stuff.
More news from home...Dustin also called me the other day to say that he was out celebrating with Matt Norton (a younger DBS swimmer that I have watched grow up in the pool). They were out partying after Matt made his first National Champs time-cut during a time-trial at the JOs meet in Gainesville! I think that Matt is a Senior in High School in Port Orange...and he's heading to UF to swim for the Gators next year! Congrats MATT!
Also at the JOs meet in Gainesville last weekend was my young friend Carly who is a HUGE Gator fan. She sent me some photos from the meet...and they brought back many memories of my own days swimming in that pool!
News from my new home here in COS...the Boulder Peaks Triathlon was today (in Boulder, duh) and a few of my friends went over to race. I just got a 'results call' from Mikey who went to watch and cheer, not race, and he said that Sarah Haskins got 2nd, Jasmine got 3rd, and Matt Reed won the men's race! Way to represent COS!
Also racing recently was my friend Leanda Cave (British athlete) who used to train with us in COS...she has moved from Olympic distance to long-course racing and just won herself another World Championships in France at the ITU Long Course Worlds!
The Austria World Cup triathlon was this morning and results have already been posted. No Americans did 'fantastic' but a few of my friends had decent finishes...the American women's finishes this weekend and next weekend at the World Cup in England determine if I will be on the USA World Champ team for the race on September 1st in Germany. I am not going to be scoring any more coveted ITU points between now and the decision day...so my fate lies in the hands of other people's results (you try waiting calmly without being able to affect your own fate)! Hopefully my previous results this year were good enough to keep me in the top-6!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,

I've been a lurker on your blog for some time. I just got back from vacation in Durango & COS. I thought about you as I took the tour at the OTC. I was there on Thursday and was wondering if you were back from Rio yet. Turns out you were still playing tourist. You work really hard. I'm glad you have the opportunity to see the sights as you travel too.

Congrats on your finish at Pan Am..I was heartsick for you when I read you were sick the week before. Good to hear things cleared up before race day. My week in CO has put my training in a tail spin but has definitely improved my attitude too and I too am ready to get back to work. I have a race next Sunday that will probably be a catered workout since I'm still getting back into the swing of things but I'll give it my best shot.

I had to laugh about your notes on your latest HP book. Anytime I get a new book I better pray I'm off that day because I can't stop reading. Needless to say I try not to pick up a book too often or I ignore the rest of the world.

Well that all for me. Just wanted you to know there was won more person out there pulling for you.

I'll say a prayer and cross my fingers that your ITU points will be enough.

Take Care,

Kelly

3:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home