Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Going Shorter

After re-looking at my blog today...I have decided I need to go back to writing more posts, more often. When I leave things for too long, they build up into a ridiculously long post that is probably very daunting to read!
So, this is me getting back to the shorter versions, with like one topic per post (not 109). I'm really motivated on the computer right now...and I'm not even at my computer. I think that when I sit in the Athlete Center in the first floor of the OTC, there are less distractions than in my room. It's kind of like when I went to the study hall in college to get my work done because if I tried to do anything in my room, something would distract me. If I had homework to do...I would get more laundry washed and my room would be cleaner than any other time during the week:)
I am running on fumes right now...today was a BIG training day and I should be crashing soon. Even though I got to sleep in this morning, my first workout of the day was a big Brick session (bike/run) in the Sports Science Lab. I was hooked up to the O2 machine to simulate sea-level...this allows you to work harder, push more watts on the bike, run at a faster pace...but then it's harder to recover because once the oxygen mask is off...it's back to 6000 feet elevation where the air is rare! After a quick lunch, it was over to the pool for a 4000 meter swim workout (90% was pulling!). I can foresee myself sleeping very well tonight!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Hi Sara,

We saw you today at the IronKids tri in Atlanta/Ducula. Thanks so much for being part of the IronKids, my Emily 8 could not stop talking about you and triathlon, music to my ears.
Would both want to wish you good luck with your Around the World trip, knock em dead, and get your spot for 2008.

Brian and Emily MacDonald

4:53 PM

 
Blogger Brian said...

Whoops,
I forgot to plug by blog and the story of Emily's first tri.
http://GeorgiaRuns.blogspot.com
-Brian and Emily

4:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home