Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Love That Oxygen!

This morning I was the first person scheduled for the bike-run Brick workout in the Sports Science Building. It was a tough session but since I was hooked up to 'sea-level' oxygen the whole time...it was very successful and I was happy with my wattage and speed! My brick officially started at 7:45am so I had to be awake, fed, dressed, and warmed up before that time. I had an alarm set for 6:30am but I was actually awake a few minutes before then so I turned it off and got up to eat some cereal. I packed a bag with some water bottles, towels, and a post-workout change of clothes and then I was off to the weight-room treadmills to get warmed up.
I set my bike up on the Computrainer around 7:30am, did some quick spin-ups to get my legs going and then it was right into the workout: 8 x 3 min efforts with 2 minutes easy on the bike...switch the oxygen tanks to the treadmill for 3 x 2K with 1 minute break and 1 x 1K fast to finish the workout!
As I was halfway through my run...Sarah H-K came in and started her warm up on the bike because she was starting her workout at 9:15am. I'm not sure who else has an O2 session today...but they will all be finished by 3pm at the latest because we have swim practice this afternoon at 3:30pm.
Speaking of SWIMMING...the Gator Swim Team is in town for the week to get some hard, high altitude training! I've seen both my brother's roommates (Grant and J.B.), Lochte is in town, Caroline is here...but I haven't run into Coach Troy yet! I'll probably see them all this afternoon when we are finishing our swim practice and the Gators are heading into the pool to start their second practice at 5pm. That will be after we have bust out a tough 4.5-5000 meter workout and they are probably preparing to swim between 8-10,000 meters:) Haha...I don't miss it ONE BIT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home