Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's All About The Kids

IronKids is in town! We've got a little over 100 kids registered for tomorrow morning's race over at Palmer Park. It was great to see the crew again and run around like crazy helping with all the set up. I actually got stuck on 'sandwich' duty for a while...I whipped out 60 PB&Js on IronKids bread in about 20 minutes! Great invention...that Goobers stuff where they sell peanut butter and jelly mixed together in the same jar:)
On to another subject regarding kids on bikes...I just read in the newspaper that LANCE is coming to town. Mr. Armstrong himself is going to be in COS on August 9th giving a talk for a charity called Kids on Bikes (created by his coach's wife to provide new bikes to kids in the COS area and encourage them to be active outside)! So, one single ticket to the Dinner Gala at the Broadmoor is $150! I'm so tempted...I want to go and actually see Lance in person for the first time...and to hear him speak would be doubly special. Triply special would be to help a really special charity that is right here where I live!
I'll spend the next few days thinking it over...well, just thinking about the cost of the event...and maybe I'll be posting a photo of me with Lance next month!
Tomorrow morning in Salford, England is the next Triathlon World Cup...I've got a few friends over there competing and I wish them all the best of luck. Usually, I can wake up in the morning and check the European race results...but tomorrow I'll be up VERY early (around 5:30) to head back to the IK race site and start helping the kids get their gear set up. The race start is at 8:00am...they should be finished by 10:00 and with awards after that, I'm hoping to be back in my room for a nap by noon. I'm missing out on the prescribed training session tomorrow...3 hour group ride starting at 10am...so I hope to dig up enough energy to head out on my own in the afternoon (weather permitting) and get the workout completed!
I talked to my whole family today...at separate times...and caught up with their activities. Dustin called me from the departure lounge at the Gainesville Airport to tell me that they had no TVs with the Tour coverage and I just HAD to tell him what happened in the most important stage of this year's tour (quick summary...NOTHING changed!!...I hope that didn't ruin it for you:). Duster is heading to summer Swimming National Champs (I'm not even quite sure where they are...see how much I'm paying attention) and the meet starts on Tuesday...GO DUSTIN!
My parents were up to the same-old, same-old. Mom is getting packed this weekend for her summer trip down the Grand Canyon; she heads out west on Monday for a two boat trip as Sally's swamper. Dad is taking care of my Angel...yes I talked to my bird on the phone...and he's also biking up a storm (making me look lazy).
I declined this evening's dinner-out with my friends...they are over at Phantom Canyon Brewery but I had to stay in and get ready for a big day tomorrow. Usually, I'm the first one to say 'yes' to getting out of the OTC but today wasn't that day. Instead, I'm slowly catching up on my emails...you will be happy to know that my inbox that grew to 96 emails has been whittled down to a manageable 31...and working on this blog just for fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home