Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I'm Gonna See Lance!!

Just faxed in my information to get a seat at the "Kids on Bikes" Benefit Dinner on August 9th! I'm so excited! I've even got some friends that are also attending...my coach, Cliff, Sam McGlone, and Jasmine and the Haskins-Korteums are still deciding! Now I've got to go find something nice to wear...oh boy, shopping trip!
Dustin is at Summer Nationals this week in Indy...he called me yesterday after he time-trialed the 200 Fly with a new best time and another Olympic Trials qualifying time: 2:03! Almost as fast as my best 200 Free time! Today he swam the prelims of the 400 IM, seeded 9th and moved up one spot to 8th so he's swimming in Lane 8 in the A Final tonight! I wanted to call him when I saw the results on line but I was pretty sure that I would interrupt his mid-day nap (not a good thing).
I'm currently on the phone with a travel agent at the USOC travel desk trying to figure out my first "Around the World Ticket"! I've got to book something for this big trip coming up and I have been told that this is the best way to go (rather than individual segments). So from COS I'll go to Hamburg, from Hamburg to South Korea, from S. Korea to Beijing, from Beijing over to New York, maybe throw in a surprise visit to Florida, and then finally make my way back to COS! She keeps putting me on hold because there are so many restrictions and rules for the ticket...I want to make sure it's perfect before I shell out the $$ for this trip!
This morning we had an awesomely hard swim practice and a short break before heading out for a group bike ride. The Rudy Project (one of my sponsors) crew stopped by to organize a photo shoot of the team in their gear. We had the photographer leaning out the side of his car next to us for most of the ride. Since we chose to ride through the Garden of the Gods, I'm sure some of the photos are going to be gorgeous. After the ride I grabbed some lunch and took a shower, I headed back down for the final part of the photo shoot...the Casual Wear:) Six of us modeled some of Rudy's new line of casual glasses around the OTC...just laughing and being care-free...it was hilarious! Maybe I'll make it into the '08 catalogue, how fun!
So, I am now off the phone with the travel agent...I have a 6-stop ticket being processed...I'll get an email copy of the itinerary to check everything over...and then it looks like I'm set for three races and one stop home, all on one ticket!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home