Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Packing, Driving, Racing, Driving

I'm so excited for my first race in Colorado! I think this is the first race that I have ever driven to by-my-self (with out Mom or Dad doing the driving) and it is only 2 hours down the road from the Springs. Check out the Great Colorado Triathlon website...be warned, it is designed using some ancient software and not that organized (still, funny to see something so out-dated:). Today I'm going to do all my packing and race-organization. Tomorrow morning I'm going to hit the road after swim practice and breakfast. I only have to be in the town of Longmont by 2pm for the mandatory pre-race meeting at the YMCA. I've booked a room at some Marriott Suites (for a cheap price) for one night before the race. I've got my maps ready...I'm just looking for a travel buddy from here at the OTC that wants a ride...the obligation is that they have to keep me awake!
Did I forget to mention that last night...I SAW LANCE!?!? Yep, the dinner and talk was really nice. It was at the Broadmoor so the room was big and decorated, the food was nice (especially dessert), Chris Carmichael gave a nice introduction for Lance, and then Lance talked for about 15 minutes about how having a bike at a young age gave him the opportunity to do all the things he accomplished (like 7 Tour wins). Unfortunately, the place was sold out and packed with 800 people so Lance was kept in a VIP room until he gave his speech and then he headed out right afterwards. I was hoping to get an autograph or a photo, but I understand that he would have been completely MOBBED by the crowd if we had the opportunity.
I did ignore all the signs that said "no cameras" and snuck mine out to try and get a shot of Lance while he was talking. The photo didn't turn out the greatest, but I got lots of good mental photographs and now I can say I've seen him in the flesh!
I'm having a problem with my Blogger website...I can't up load Lance's photo. I will try to get it on here later...along with the group shot of my friends and I dressed up after the dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home