Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Monday, August 20, 2007

My Former Sport

WAY back, before I was a professional triathlete...I dabbled in the professional world of Open Water Swimming.
Of course, I decided to officially leave the sport 4 months before they announced that it was included in the 2008 Olympic Games...but that is a different conversation entirely.
I still have many friends and contacts in the OW world and one such person just created and launched this very informative website for people looking to educate themselves on the newest Olympic event: The 10K Open Water Swim.
Thanks to Steve Munatones for putting together a great visual slide show of how the 10K race "goes down". (You can even find ME in a few of the photos from 2005 World Champs in Montreal).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home