Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Out of Asia In The NICK OF TIME!

Typhoon Nari hit the island of Jeju, South Korea last weekend...exactly 3 days after we departed for Beijing. Check out these photos of the flooding...we were IN this place on Friday and the storm hit on September 16th (during the men's World Cup in China!). There have been reports of at least 13 deaths in Jeju.


If you don't think we were lucky enough to get out of South Korea in the nick-of-time...consider that the Typhoon continued over to CHINA after destroying parts of Korea! The storm wreaked havoc on the coast of China only DAYS after we left that area! I'm very glad that my photos from the Asia trip are full of sunshine and happiness...not destruction and fear like the ones above!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home