Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Photos from Beijing!

Haskins, Matty, Hunter and Me modeling the carbon-filtration-face-masks outside of the Beijing Airport. The smog wasn't too bad here...since it had been raining all day, the air was a bit cleaner.
Team USA Triathlon on the van from the airport to the Auspicious Hotel in the ChangPing District outside of Beijing.
Team USA Triathlon checking into the beautiful hotel...my description of this hotel is: "It's like a gaudy Chinese-themed hotel in Vegas or Disney World!" My room is SOOO Chinese-themed that I don't really feel like I'm in China...it is overkill!

Jarrod showing off the World Cup race credentials. We can't go ANYWHERE with out that card around our neck. This is the official Olympic-Test-Event and they are treating it like the '08 Games with lots of security!

Julie, Haskins, and Groff in wet-weather bike gear. We braved the wet, wet, wet weather this morning to go ride the bike course and swim in the reservoir. The roads were SOAKED...huge puddles up to 8 inches deep on some of the corners! Fortunately, the lake water was a perfect temperature (25 Celsius) and I cruised through the whole 1500 meter loop before biking home, getting dry, and cleaning my bike.

Cliff (and Haskins) on the bike in the rain. We are climbing up the big hill on the bike course behind the reservoir. (That big wall in the background is the other side of the dam.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home