Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Back to Business

Wow...I've been off-line for quite some time now. I made a conscience decision to not go online for the entire time I was home in DeLand...my time with my family was limited already and I didn't want to spend time inside when there were plenty of activities outside to sample.
So that means that I'm back in COS and my one-month-and-one-day travel 'round-the-world is officially over (on Friday I got back to Denver and Mike drove over to pick me up). Too bad the trip wasn't just sightseeing and traveling for enjoyment because then I could say it was very successful. Instead, there were quite a few important races that I managed to screw up and defeat the purpose of the whole trip!
The few days that I spent in DeLand...doing everything BUT triathlon related activities...I looked back at my 2007 season and investigated what I was doing right to have great results in June and what I was doing wrong in September to have bad results. Lots of things came to light and now I'm back and ready to finish this year out with a BANG! I've got three more races on the schedule (maybe just two if my foot injury keeps me from going to Dallas in two weeks) and I plan on finishing with some more of those 'great' results!
It is dinner time here so I'm going to keep this post short but I plan on filling in my fun adventures from Westchester and DeLand in a future post. Since getting back to COS, I have put in 7 hours on my bike this weekend because just being outside is amazing. The month of October is, hands-down, the BEST month in COS...clear blue skies, crisp cool air, leaves changing colors...I am so lucky to be able to train here! Heading home on my second ride today, I passed four deer walking up the road...they were just out snacking in the fading evening light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home