Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Florida Adventures

So last week I was home in DeLand, hanging with my family...Dad picked me up at the airport on Monday afternoon. We stopped by the lake on the way home where Mom was sailing the Hobie Cat and I went for a ride. I pretty much got home, ate dinner, and went to sleep after a long day of traveling.
On Tuesday morning I was awake early so I built my bike and went for a nice 2 hour ride with Dad before it got too warm. Later in the day, I drove out to the airport for a ride in the jump plane, went grocery shopping, cleaned my room, did some laundry. My mom took me back to the lake and I got an introductory course on sailing small crafts (the single-sail-boat we were using is called "Escape"). After a bit of time in the sun (with no tipping over) we went home and I got a great surprise when Dustin showed. He drove home on Tuesday night and spent most of Wednesday with us (no classes or swim practice for him).
I had a dentist appointment scheduled for Wed. morning. On my way home from Dr. Slaughter's office (no joke, that IS my dentist's name!) I shopped for some bird-supplies (I spoil my bird during the few days I am home each year:) and then planned a family lunch gathering. My Aunt drove up from Cocoa Beach and my Grandmother joined us from the cottage in the front yard. We had steaks from the grill and a salad bar.
Since sailing was the adventure of the moment for the McLarty family, we took Dustin and my Aunt out to the lake for a quick spin in the boats. I got better at piloting the Escape while Dad took Jan and Dustin around in the big Hobie Cat. When all the 'guest' family had departed (Dustin back to school, Jan back home, Grandma to her house) I headed out on my bike to join with the Wednesday-afternoon-airport-group-ride.
Thursday morning rolled around, my final day in Florida, and I made the most of it by trying to keep up with my mom all day. First, we saddled up the horses and went for a nice slow ride in the cool morning. Next, I donned some latex gloves and cotton socks on my hands to help stain some shutters. We relaxed for a quick lunch before loading in the car heading toward the beach. I had my very first successful surfing attempt...I stood up on at least three waves...while my mom was next to me showing off her great skills!
On the way back home from the beach we stopped at the lake again and I SOLO-ED the Escape! I've got the hang of this sailing thing...it's so much fun, as long as I don't get going too fast:)! After a quick shower, I walked over to visit my Grandma for a few minutes. I couldn't chat for too long because our day of adventures wasn't over yet...we still had Emma's yoga class to attend! I don't think I had stretched on my whole trip...it was such a great feeling to relax, breath, and stretch out.
I finished off a great day with a new dinner creation...Ratatouille Pizza. YUM! I was so proud of my creation and so sad that it was my last dinner at home so I couldn't help my Dad with the leftovers on Friday...I thought about packing some, but I don't think pizza travels very well on planes:)!
That's it for the Florida Adventures...I'm back in COS!

1 Comments:

Blogger Charissa said...

Wish I could of caught up with you on Tuesday and Wednesday for a ride, but I headed out of town myself. Maybe next time! -Chad

6:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home