Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Adventure Photos (1)

As the title of this post implies, there will be more posts with photos coming later. As it is already 10:30pm tonight and I have to be awake and driving by 5:00am tomorrow morning, I can not waste precious minutes waiting for my photos to load. I am going to scramble through some fun captions to the following photos and then catch some ZZZZ's before working the Clermont Marathon all day tomorrow!
Oh Captain, My Captain...here is Dad and Dustin behind the wheel of our behemoth of a boat. We might not have been allowed to drive it at night or in a storm, but if there was a surprise eclipse or some dire need to triangulate our position to within 17 feet...Dad's hand-held GPS was ready to go!

My Aunt Jan relaxing and enjoying the passing scenes of nature from a prime viewing position of the front deck (right next to the grill:)

My Mom in the back of the canoe during of our many paddling adventures along the St. John's River. Well, we never paddled ON the St. John's...but we did just about every freaking tributary and confluence we passed during the three-day "vacation"!!

Dad and Dustin in the kayaks, me in the front of the canoe...Row, Row, Row your boat, powerfully UP the stream!!!

There she is...the Song of the South. This was our campsite for the first night of the trip...no lights, homes, people, or noise...it was beautiful and serene (and very comfortable to be able to experience all those things while sleeping in a Queen-size bed:)

Duster-Buster and I on Christmas morning. So who is watching where we are going right now??!!

Dad and Dustin on the top deck...Grandma Jane and Jan on the lower deck. We were far from ever being crowded!

Martha and Cheryl joined us via kayak on Christmas morning. They had heard rumors about pecan waffles being served on the boat...the rumor was true and they were delicious!!

What more can you ask for on Christmas morning than watching manatees swim alongside your canoe?? I snapped these two sea-cows investigating us...my first time actually using my camera under-water!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pedergraham said...

Awesome--manatees!!!! I would like to see them in their natural environment sometime in my lifetime. I have sympathy for Dustin--I remember all those shortened winter breaks due to college swim training. What a great trip--thanks for sharing.

11:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home