Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Life in the Recovery Lane

Who doesn't LOVE recovery weeks??! Or, as my coach has stated on my training schedule..."Adaptation Week"...what the h*ll does that mean? What exactly am I supposed to be 'adapting' to? 'Cause I really don't want to adapt to easy/light training because when it gets hard again next week, it's going to SUCK!Okay, okay...I know what the 'adaptation week' is referring to...it's for all my suckers of teammates that have just returned to ALTITUDE and COLD in Colorado this week! So I guess I will adapt to not making fun of them so much:)
By the way, it was 70 degrees and sunny all day today and I just got off my bike at 5:30pm after a breezy 90 minute ride with my Dad!
Oops, I don't think I'm doing very well at this "adaptation" thing!Tomorrow is the UF vs. FAU swim meet...also Senior Day for the swimmers and divers who will finish their eligibility this year. This is only of importance to me because it will be DUSTIN MCLARTY's final home dual meet as a Florida Gator! Such a happy and sad day at the same time...the screen goes blurry as we go into 'flash-back' mode..."It seems like just yesterday that I was at my Senior Day at UF!"
But enough of all that reminisicing, this is Dustin's time to shine...in the 200 Fly, no less! He has to swim a 1:47 (or faster:) tomorrow or he is stuck swimming the 1650 Free on the final day at SECs! I need everyone reading this to be rooting for Dustin on the last 50 of the 200 Fly when he usually falls to pieces! (Dustin, don't read this because if you hear something too many times, you subconsciencly start to believe that you will always fall apart!) This time, he's going to be soooo fresh from the past month of tapering that his last 50 is going to be the BEST!!
Since I am on the subject of my little brother, he called me yesterday...screaming into the phone...something about being accepted to Stanford's Aerospace Engineering Department for his Master's Degree! Hey, I might not understand a word of what you are studying, but I know that Stanford is a GREAT acheivment! Congrats to Duster Buster!
As for the rest of my day today, I spent it sitting in my Xterra, driving three hours down and back to West Palm Beach to see Dr. Keith and his great staff at Advanced Wellness. It has been about a week since my last visit and I have been increasing my run distances as instructed by the newly selected USA Triathlon Olympic Team Chiropracter and "physiology guru"! After my treatments and rehab and before climbing back in my car to drive home, I used Dr. Keith's teadmill to complete my longest run yet: 3 miles!!! Oh yeah!!! Party time!!! This means that I will be able to complete the sprint race with a 5K run in Clermont on March 9th, my 2008 season opener!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exclamation mark overload!
Blah!
Seriously! Every sentence ends with an exclamation mark! Well, I guess I’m supposed to read it like "Oh boy! Yippee! Hooray! Waahoooo!"

WHAT!!?!

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home