Upon my departure from college and as I approach entering the real world...a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. Although I will be living farther away...you will all be closer to my heart.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

11:38 and 1.5 Miles

It's been a great morning so far on this last day of the official Clermont training camp.
The 11:38 refers to my time for the 1000 meter swim that we did for time in the pool. That was the main set, just warm up and GO! I think I split it at about 5:48 and 5:50 at the 500s so I was pretty happy with a 1:10 pace today.
The 1.5 miles refers to the distance that I ran on the treadmill after swim practice! Yes, I am RUNNING again! Finally, took long enough, lets celebrate, do a little dance, etc. But the main point is that I am back on my feet and looking forward to a slow and steady increase of miles...eventually hitting that magical number of 6.2 miles! The rough deadline for reaching 6.2 would be in the middle of April, in Tuscaloosa, Alabama at the next Olympic Trials event...not surprising, I will be keeping everyone posted on my progress!
As I mentioned before, this is one of the final days of camp, so most of the refrigerators at the Swiss Ski School are looking a bit bare. Our solution this morning is to stop by Crispers (a chain restaurant) for a relaxing lunch. Our last official group session is the 3:00pm bike ride this afternoon.
I believe that after the ride is over, there will be a mass of packing and organizing rides to the airport tomorrow...while I will be calmly tossing things into my car and collecting leftovers from all my departing teammates! I'm collecting anything EXTRA that they aren't packing with them...this includes toilet paper, paper towels, dishwashing detergent, foodstuffs, etc. After that, it's just another relaxing drive back to DeLand!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Sara,

Glad to see you running.
We will be watching your training and I hope to watch @ Tuscaloosa.

Good luck,

The MacDonald's

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home